Single Storey Extension Project
A customer approached us this summer to enquire about an extension on their home. The customer was looking to improve their home by adding another bedroom, a home office, and to extend their dining room to make more space.
As well as doing the building/structural work for the extension, we were also asked to manage the whole project right through to flooring, decoration and other finishing tasks.
We began working in May, taking a team of five tradesman onto site in order to provide a quick turnaround and minimal disruption.
The project consisted of:
- Digging out footings and drainage
- Laying the concrete footings
- Laying the footing blocks to raise the foundations to ground level
- Installing foul and rainwater drainage
- Preparing the floor with hardcore and damp-proof membrane, followed by insulation and concrete
- Laying brickwork up to roof level including damp-proof course
- Installing the timber roof, fascias and gutters
- Laying the concrete roof tiles
- Fitting verges & ridge tiles
- Doing first-fix joinery work
- Building stud walls
- Doing first-fix electrics and plumbing
- Plaster-boarding and plastering the inside
- Insulating the loft
- Doing second-fix joinery, plumbing & electrics
- Decorating and floor coverings
We used a number of local suppliers for top-quality local materials, including SIG Roofing in Rotherham, and Aire Concrete at Wakefield.
From start to finish, the project took around ten-to-twelve weeks. The customer is delighted with the end result; so much so that we are due to start a similar extension project for a member of his family in August.
If you are interested in a quote for a similar type of project, don’t hesitate to contact us via email or call us on 01226 755 661.