New Bathroom/Building Project, Barnsley
We recently received an enquiry from a customer in Barnsley as a result of a recommendation. The customer was looking for a builder in the Barnsley area to quote for a bathroom conversion project. As always, we provided a free consultation and no-obligation quote for the customer.
The job involved ripping out the old bathroom suite and tiles and reconfiguring the layout to make way for a large 1m x 1m shower area.
On top of replacing the suite and tiles, the customer asked us to change the layout of the bathroom, which meant adapting the existing pipework to correctly position the level-access shower, toilet, basin and vanity units.
The building project included the following:
- Taking out and disposing of the old bathroom suite, tiles and fittings
- Removing the solid wall dividing the toilet and bathroom
- Moving the doorway, fitting a new door frame and re-hanging the existing door
- Taking up floorboards to reconfigure the pipework
- Plastering walls to prepare for new tiles
- Installation of the new bathroom suite, including the level-access shower tray
- Tiling the walls, using tiles supplied by Topps Tiles in Sheffield
- Installing Anti-Slip Polyfor Hydro Safety flooring
From start to finish, the project took just two weeks, meaning minimal disruption for the customer. The customer was delighted with the end result which is really the best feedback we could hope for.
If you are interested in a quote for a similar type of project, don’t hesitate to contact us via email, call us on 01226 755 661 or click the contact us button below.