Full Bathroom Conversion
We recently received an enquiry from a customer in Wombwell, looking for a builder in the Barnsley area to quote for a bathroom conversion project. As always, we offered a free consultation and no-obligation quote for the customer.
The job involved us completing a full revamp of the bathroom. The customer wanted the old bathroom to be completely removed, including the bathroom suite, the flooring and wall tiles, to create a more contemporary look and feel.
On top of replacing the suite and tiles, the customer asked us to change the layout of the bathroom, which meant adapting the existing pipework to correctly position the bath, toilet and vanity unit/sink.
The bathroom project included the following:
- Taking out and disposing of the old bathroom suite, tiles and fittings
- Taking up floorboards to reconfigure the pipework
- Plastering walls to prepare for new tiles
- Installation of the new bathroom suite, purchased from our preferred suppliers Yorkshire Tile Company in Doncaster
- Tiling the floors and walls, again using tiles supplied by Yorkshire Tile Company at their Doncaster branch
- Cladding the ceiling with waterproof decor cladding, purchased from Decor Cladding Centre in Rotherham
- Installation of LED spotlights in the ceiling, sunk into the new cladding for a nice finish
- Fitting of a new bathroom door
From start to finish, the project took just two weeks, meaning minimal disruption for the customer. The customer was delighted with the end result and has now enquired about us renovating her kitchen, which is really the best feedback we could hope for.
If you are interested in a quote for a similar type of project, don’t hesitate to contact us via email or call us on 01226 755 661.