Large Scale Working Garage Conversion, Sheffield
Jeff lives on the outskirts of Sheffield and found our details on the internet. He asked us to provide him with a quote to build a separate garage with it’s very own pit so that he could carry out work easily on his classic car.
After a site meeting with Jeff to discuss his requirements and specification, we provided him with a quotation and shortly after were given the go ahead to start the work.
The garage consisted of a large area to park two cars on, along with an off-shot workshop area with it’s own pit with steps down into it. In addition to this we carried out some other external alterations such as extending the block paving to make it easier access.
The project began in October 2017 and took approximately ten weeks to complete.
The project consisted of:
- Digging out the foundations and concreting
- Installing new drainage for the rainwater
- Building the extension in a mixture of stone and brick
- Installing a new truss roof system complete with concrete rosemary tiles and breathable membrane
- Installing electrics
- Installing windows, external doors and a garage door
- Installing ace drains
- Building a path around the garage
We used a number of local suppliers for top-quality local materials, including Aire Concrete at Wakefield, SIG Roofing Supplies in Sheffield, and Assent Building Control in Rotherham.
If you are interested in a quote for a similar type of project, don’t hesitate to contact us via email or call us on 01226 755 661.