Disabled Access Bathroom Project
Sally contacted us as she was looking for a quote that would be usable for both her parents who where struggling to get in and out of the bath and also for herself. One of her worries was that the bathroom would look too much like a disabled bathroom, but we allayed her fears and designed and fitted a stylish looking bathroom. The project was a full bathroom renovation for a disabled client and the bathroom was made fully accessible for a wheelchair user.
The job involved ripping out the old bathroom suite and cylinder cupboard so that it could accommodate both a bath and a level access shower, along with tiling the bathroom with natural slate modular tiles.
The bathroom project included the following:
- Taking out and disposing of the old bathroom suite, tiles and fittings
- Removing the cylinder cupboard to make the bathroom larger
- Altering the pipework and drainage to new positions
- Plaster-boarding and plastering the walls
- Re-tiling the complete bathroom (walls) using natural slate modular tiles
- Taking up floorboards up and fitting a level access shower tray to be suitable for wheelchair use
- Installing vanity units with basin and toilets
- Installation of a new shower and screen
- Installing a towel radiator
- Tiling the walls, using tiles supplied by Topps Tiles in Sheffield
- Installing Anti-Slip Polyfor Hydro Safety flooring
From start to finish, the project took just two weeks, meaning minimal disruption for the customer. The customer was delighted with the end result which is really the best feedback we could hope for.
If you are interested in a quote for a similar type of project, don’t hesitate to contact us via email, call us on 01226 755 661 or click the contact us button below.