Disabled Access Bathroom Project in Wombwell, Barnsley
We recently received an enquiry from a customer in Barnsley, looking for a builder in the Barnsley area to quote for a bathroom conversion project. As always, we provided a free consultation and no-obligation quote for the customer.
The job involved ripping out the existing bathroom suite and tiles and converting the room into a shower room with a wet area so that the customer no longer had to struggle getting in and out of their bath.
On top of replacing the suite and tiles, the customer asked us to change the layout of the bathroom, which meant adapting the existing pipework to correctly position the level-access shower, toilet, basin and vanity units.
This bathroom project included the following:
- Taking out and disposing of the old bathroom suite, tiles and fittings
- Taking up floorboards to reconfigure the pipework
- Plastering walls to prepare for new tiles
- Installation of the new bathroom suite, including the level-access shower tray
- Tiling the walls, using tiles supplied by Topps Tiles in Sheffield
- Installing Anti-Slip Polyfor Hydro Safety flooring
From start to finish, the project took just two weeks, meaning minimal disruption for the customer. The customer was delighted with the end result which is really the best feedback we could hope for.
If you are interested in a quote for a similar type of project, don’t hesitate to contact us via email, call us on 01226 755 661 or click the contact us button below.