Disabled Access Bathroom Project
This is one of many bathrooms that we do through the year for local authorities in the South Yorkshire area. The project was a full bathroom renovation for a disabled client, who had received a Disabled Facilities Grant from Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council to pay for his bathroom to be made fully accessible for a wheelchair user.
The job involved ripping out the old bathroom suite and tiles and reconfiguring the layout to make way for a larger easy access bathroom that is purpose designed for the end user.
The building project included the following:
- Taking out and disposing of the old bathroom suite, tiles and fittings
- Altering the pipework and drainage to new positions
- Plaster-boarding and plastering the walls
- Re-tiling the complete bathroom (walls)
- Taking up floorboards up and fitting a level access shower tray to be suitable for wheelchair use
- Installing a wall mounted basin and comfort height toilet
- Installation of a new shower, curtain and rail
- Tiling the walls, using tiles supplied by Topps Tiles in Sheffield
- Installing Anti-Slip Polyfor Hydro Safety flooring
From start to finish, the project took just two weeks, meaning minimal disruption for the customer. The customer was delighted with the end result which is really the best feedback we could hope for.
If you are interested in a quote for a similar type of project, don’t hesitate to contact us via email, call us on 01226 755 661 or click the contact us button below.