Concrete Floor (Ground Floor) Replacement
We carried out this particular concrete floor replacement job for a local authority (Rotherham Council). The tenant had been experiencing problems with the existing floor sinking so we were asked to dig it out and replace it with a new concrete floor as per the structural engineers recommendations.
The project consisted of:
- Removing the old bathroom suite
- Digging the floor down to solid ground
- Raising level of floor with hardcore ensuring it well compacted at regular intervals
- Replace clay drain pipe with underground plastic pipe
- Install and damp proof membrane to prevent rising damp
- Install kings insulation
- Preparing the floor with hardcore and damp-proof membrane, followed by insulation and concrete
- Install steel mesh ready for concrete
- Concrete the floor
- Re-plaster bathroom out
- Install new bathroom suite complete with tiling
- Decorate bathroom
- Install new flooring
We used a number of local suppliers for top-quality local materials, including, Aire Concrete at Wakefield.
From start to finish, the project took around 2 weeks.
If you are interested in a quote for a similar type of project, don’t hesitate to contact us via email or call us on 01226 755 661.