Building Extension & Kitchen Renovation Project
In 2019 we were contacted by a customer who wanted to take down a poorly built extension. The client asked us to re-build the extension as well as altering the roof to a vaulted pitched roof. The customer also requested us to fit roof lights. We were also asked to knock through into the house to create a large, open-plan kitchen, dining and living space.
The project meant removing the walls into the old kitchen and opening it up into one big room, which can now be enjoyed by all the family and is great for entertaining.
This project took approximately ten weeks from start to finish and all the work inside and outside was carried out by Nu Builds team of builders, plumbers, electricians and plasterers.
Key Elements of this Building Extension Project
We completed every aspect of this project, as we like to with all our projects. We are not against sharing the work with other companies, but we find that our customers prefer the complete project management package from Nu Build as it takes the hassle out of working with multiple building companies. The customer also wanted a building company based in Barnsley to complete the work.
The work we did on this extension project included:
- Demolishing the old building and rebuilding it using the existing stone
- Ensuring the building was well insulated
- Removing walls and fitting RSJ steel beams as per the structural engineers report
- Plaster-boarding and skimming the complete room
- Re-wiring the electrics
- Fitting energy-efficient LED spot lights
- Altering the plumbing and fitting additional radiators
- Fitting a new floor covering
- Fitting skirtings, doors and all other joinery work
- Fitting the new kitchen, purchased from Wren
- Fitting a new pitched roof with vaulted ceiling and Velux sky lights, with materials supplied by South Yorkshire Truss Supplies.
- Fitting bi-fold aluminium doors purchased from Solar Frame in Thurnscoe
We have a wide range of examples of our work to available to view in our portfolio. If you like the look of this or any of our other projects and would like to discuss some work on your own property, please contact us for an initial chat about your plans.